March 26, 2014

LIFE LATELY: BOOK CLUBS AND CONCERTS

I have no idea how this week turned out to be so busy, it almost feels like I have a social life again. Monday I had my French courses as usual (next week is actually the last class, time flies) and today I'm going to my first book club meeting! I'm a little excited and very nervous, but I can't wait to meet some more PEOPLE. I feel like I haven't been able to do that at all and I miss having friends. Fingers crossed they're not going to hate me for not finishing the book (isn't that rule number one of a book club?). Jep, I'm going to be that girl who did not finish the book, but at least I won't be the one who cancelled at the last minute. I think that's important. Anyway, we are reading were supposed to read The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood and I really do like the book. I just haven't been able to spend much time on reading it. 


Going to the Kings of Leon concert might have something to do with that. It got me in that whole I want to listen to all of their songs again mood (and I kind of did). See my face in that picture? Super excited, Nick didn't really have a choice but to come with me. Although I'm not a big fan of their new work I just can't say no to seeing them live again and especially since this was the first time I saw them outside a festival. They were great, but my 17-year-old self would have preferred their early performances. I tend to ignore her, because everyone evolves and I can't blame them for that! 


This is a video from the first time I saw them the first time and one of my favourite songs. Mind that divine Belgian weather.

By the way, why oh why is Justin Bieber barechested on my first issue of Rolling Stone? Can someone explain that to me?


Two more days and it's Friday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...