April 20, 2014

DAILY ROUTINE: WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO


I'm a bit late with recapping my week, but I really wanted to join in with Kate from Diaries of an Essex Girl this week and so I'm not giving up. It's a great idea to get to know a bit more about everyone's daily life and I know I usually skip over the so called 'boring' stuff but somehow that is what interests me most about other people's blogs. So here it goes...


Daily Diaries with Diaries of an Essex Girl

Monday
No manic Monday this week, or not in the work sense anyway. I had the day off and since our moving out day is coming up fast (panic attack) the day was spent at Ikea eyeing furniture. I had an amazing lunch with Nick's aunt and she helped me pick out everything so now I know exactly what I'm going to spend all of my money on. By the way, I feel like Ikea is even bigger here than in Europe and I didn't think that was possible... Two floors?? Also, I can't help but repeat this: I won a whole set of OPI nailpolishes which was even better than Christmas. 

Tuesday
We walked the dog after work and I am starting to notice the (very small) changes from winter to spring to summer here in California. Where before I just thought it was a never ending summer, I could really 'smell' spring in the air this week and we can leave our window open again at night since the weather is warming up. These small changes would have been totally lost on me before!

Wednesday
I don't think I did anything other than working on Wednesday and spending the evening drinking wine and having dinner with my husband, which was just perfect to me. 


Thursday
My renewed vow to work out seems to stick because I worked out for the third day in a row (!). I have to admit I was proud of myself. Also I realised, very randomly, that I really want to learn Russian and brush up on my French. I need to start studying again.  


Friday
I saw a documentary about Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and even though I've always been interested in punk and grunge music and especially strong frontwomen I had never heard her story. It was truly inspiring and made me realise again how you can do anything you want as long as you put your mind to it and your heart is in it. Even though I don't know her and have never had the chance (yet) to be a fan of her music, I now have tons of respect for what she did in music and what she stood up for. 



Saturday
This day was spent sleeping in, skyping with my family and arguing with my better half about exactly how feminine our apartment is allowed to be. I think I'm going to sneek in a few glittery and gold things when he's at work (oops!). By the way, I can't believe that in a bit over two months I'll see my favourite Belgians again! These past few months in the US have flown by.  

Sunday
As I am finishing this post I am completely exhausted from our Easter hike. San Jacinto officially kicked my butt... Even though we took the tramway up from Palm Springs it was still an 11 mile hike round trip and with the dramatic elevation gain this was one of the toughest hikes I have done so far. But the view was amazing! I'll give a full report on that soon.




Happy Easter! 

PS: What have you been up to?

6 comments :

  1. Hi Natalie, stopping by from the daily diaries link-up. I know what you mean about sensing the changes in the weather after thinking it's an endless summer. The first year or so I felt the same after leaving Germany for Florida. But now I definitely know the change between the "seasons" and am a total Florida girl when it comes to weather! Good luck with the move! And yes, Ikea seems humungous here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susi! Thanks for stopping by, I can imagine the feeling must have been the same in Florida. I'm now at the point where I take pictures when it rains, so I'm definitely tending toward becoming a 'full Californian' :)

      Delete
  2. 11 mile is pretty far! Good job! I found your blog from the daily diaries links and I think I'll enjoy following your blog since I'm kind of addicted with everything that has to do with California. I'm also European but one of my goals is to live in California one day. Unlike you, I don't really enjoy snow so I wouldn't miss the cold winters in Sweden at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes it is haha, I can still feel it in my legs. Oh, I've always wanted to go to Sweden and learn Swedish (guess I'm in the wrong part of the world for that!) but I can imagine that the snow probably loses its appeal when it's there every year :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, gotta love Ikea and it's ridiculous size! I swear, I could spend an ENTIRE DAY in Ikea. Good luck preparing for your move!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...