September 2, 2014

ROAD TRIP: CAPE LOOKOUT & PORTLAND

During my first visit to the US Nick and I took an epic road trip up the West Coast. We traveled from San Diego all the way to Seattle in two weeks, camping along the way. This is the story of that journey and you can read the previous posts here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days #11-12

Picture taken somewhere along the Oregon coast en route to Cape Lookout

CAPE LOOKOUT

We had one more camping stop scheduled in Oregon before we would sleep in a normal (hotel) bed in Portland and move on to Washington. So are you ready for another beautiful Oregon beach on the blog today? I hope that's a yes! After having seen some pretty amazing sights already I hadn't expected anything to be able to top that. I was wrong of course, and I've got the proof right here. Cape Lookout with its wide and foggy beach took my breath away and our camp site was also literally a few meters from the beach, so no complaints there.  



Our camp site




I'm pretty sure this was the first time I saw a real life sea star and anemones. I was pretty amazed at this and Nick looked like he sees that stuff everyday. Which he probably does. You can go to tide pools in San Diego too to look for sea creatures but at that time we hadn't done that yet. So yeah, I tickled some anemones and had a ton of fun. 


PORTLAND

This is the point where the story gets embarrassing, because I actually have no pictures from our time in Portland. We probably have four pretty bad ones, but I guess overall that's a good sign since we were having way too much fun to think about getting the camera out (I speak of a time way before smartphones had decent cameras). 

What I can tell you is that I absolutely loved Portland. I liked the atmosphere and rhythm of the city, the public transportation and the fact that it's still a relatively small city. It was nice to be able to take public transportation into the city from our hotel and not have to worry about parking or having a drink. I would definitely move to Portland in a heartbeat should the opportunity arise. 

Also, I still regret not buying this one amazing jacket in a second hand store while we were there. Remember those khaki parkas? This one was like that but shorter and had fake fur (!) around the collar and no hoodie. Major fashion heartbreak! I don't know how I could have been so stupid, it was only 30 dollars. 

For previous #RoadTrip posts click here.

Have you ever forgotten to take pictures on a trip you really enjoyed?  


Travel Tuesday
 
Linking up with BonnieCamilaJessi and Amy for Travel Tuesday


5 comments :

  1. Wow that is gorgeous! I want to go put my feet in that sand and in the ocean! And I have forgotten to take pictures many time - I've grow more terrible the more time goes by! I sometimes also don't want to disrupt a moment by taking the camera out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad it's not just me ;) I am sometimes so self conscious about taking pictures in public, it's really a problem with having a blog sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Such good photos! As I've said before, I love Oregon! I'm glad you liked Portland - it's such a nice city with so much to do and good public transportation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne! I hope to spend some more time discovering Portland in the future :)

      Delete
  3. I always forget to take pictures! Sometimes that's a good thing, though, right, because you're supposedly more in the moment then? :) or that's what I tell myself when I forget... ;) You still got some amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...