October 17, 2014

DAILY ROUTINE: LIFE LATELY


Happy Friday everyone! Is this really the third time I blog in one week or what? I've seen a lot of posts lately on the beginning of fall/autumn and October madness, but even though the weather in San Diego is a bit cooler than it was last week... I'm still not feeling it. Call it luxury problems but it's just pretty hard to get excited about (more frequent) hot chocolates, pumpkin carving and the changing of the seasons when you're still wearing shorts 24/7 and have to put the AC on in the car. It does feel colder when I jump in the pool for my lap swimming at night and the morning fog has finally returned to La Jolla, but apart from that not much has changed here in Southern California and I know I shouldn't complain about that! 

Craving Pumpkin Pie(s)

Even though there is no real prove we're halfway through October already I can't ignore the pumpkin galore in almost every store (mostly Trader Joe's though). I am craving my first pumpkin pie and I definitely want to try making pumpkin waffles, because how can that be a bad idea? Also, I found the pumpkin spice breakfast cereal I fell in love with last year at Trader Joe's so my mornings have become that much better. Other than that I'm definitely craving sweater weather... La Jolla can be pretty cloudy or so I've heard so I'm totally ready for this. I love sweaters so please San Diego!

Watching a lot of Netflix

I might have to start facing this addiction. At some point. But in the meantime I'm reliving my teenage years watching Skins all over again. Blacklist is pretty addictive and Gotham (!) is definitely exceeding my expectations. Oh and I watched the first episode of The Flash yesterday so I guess there's another show to add on my list. My resolution for next week is to seriously catch up on the new season of The Mindy Project. How can I call myself a fan when I'm not even in the know right now. 

Dreaming about Hawaii

We're taking a trip to Hawaii in November... It's coming up fast and I'm so excited! I haven't been looking into any activities so if you have some ideas, must sees or tips for the big island... let me know! Other than that I'm also secretly hoping there'll be a lot of snow on the mountains in California this winter so we can pay my favourite winter landscape a visit and perhaps schedule a day of snowboarding? Fingers crossed. 

Excited for this weekend

I can't wait to try out our new bodyboards! I finally got my very own board - it's a beautiful green - and I'll hopefully be able to withstand those bigger waves better. So first the beach and then we have a probably amazing beer tasting tour scheduled. Because we needed to do more touristy things in our own city! The only thing that might ruin the mood this weekend is trying on wet-suits. I can still remember last time, and it wasn't pretty. Wish me luck!

What are your plans for the weekend?



Linking up with Kate from The Lotus Creative for the Daily Diaries

8 comments :

  1. I've been craving pumpkin pie so much lately as well - I'm getting some tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. So cool that you got bodyboards - I've always wanted to try using one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin pies are so addictive! And you should definitely try bodyboarding if you have the chance... it's really fun and easier to get into than surfing ;)

      Delete
  2. Your trip to Hawaii will be here in no time! So exciting! I am having a bed/Netflix day today - best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time flies by! Oh and that sounds like the best way to spend a Sunday ;)

      Delete
  3. Visiting from the linkup! Hawaii will be so much fun! And it's coming up soon. :) I hope you had a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal! Thanks for stopping by, I'm beyond excited for Hawaii, have you ever been there? Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin pies! I am with you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're seriously too addictive... I was perfectly fine before I ever tasted that first pumpkin pie two years ago!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...