October 13, 2014

NEW BLOG DESIGN


Anyone stopping by this blog today might have noticed a few changes... Halfway through cleaning up my template I decided I was in over my head. Although I love tweaking my blog and figuring out how to do it myself, I didn't feel like it was going anywhere. It felt like a cluttered desk where I couldn't think anymore. I was also wasting my day off, which wasn't helping. 

Enter Carrie's website. I've been following Carrie's blog from the shadows for a couple of years now (she has useful tips on blog design and great free social media icons) so when I thought about buying a premade template I immediately went to her Etsy shop. Although there are many great designers and templates out there, I decided to go with a name that I already knew and work that I was already familiar with.

I know what some of you (or just me) might be thinking: buying a premade template isn't exactly unique, and you're probably right. That's part of why I decided against it a while back. But I didn't want to spend a lot of money on an amazing customized template (yet) for something that is just a hobby and trying to do it myself was too time consuming (I should be writing posts instead!). I'm either too picky or too slow, so I made the scary jump. And it's a relief! It was so easy and quick to install everything and I feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders. I'm sure my inspiration will kick back in and more posts will start rolling out now.

How do you like the new look? Change is good, right?

4 comments :

  1. I also took the plunge and purchased a template yesterday! How funny! I'd also been trying to do it myself, but at a certain point, after 5 hours spent trying to fix my navigation bar (one long hellish nightmare) I finally came to the conclusion that I should probably let the experts handle it :P
    Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny coincidence, it must be the time of year for template changes ;) Oh and those navbars are such a pain! That was exactly what I was trying to figure out as well when I gave up... Thank god there are people out there who already know how to do this!

      Delete
  2. I love the new look! Really clean and easy to navigate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy! I'm really happy with it, it feels a lot less 'cluttered' :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...