March 13, 2015

DAILY ROUTINE: LIFE LATELY & INTERNATIONS INTERVIEW

Is it just me, or does it feel like summer already? The daylights savings time switch might be a miracle worker because ever since we jumped an hour ahead last Sunday it has been warmer than ever and the weekend is supposed be hot hot hot. Skipping spring and going right on to summer: Check. It might just be the first Friday of the new year where I don't have to wear my socks and sweat pants while working (I'm not a weirdo, I just work from home). But let's get to the point of this Friday afternoon post ;) Here's what I've been up to lately: 

Binge-watching Downton Abbey:
Any Downton fans in the audience? I know there must be a reason for the fact I missed out on this - let's be honest - amazing show when it started, but I can't seem to think of one right now. The only good thing about it is that I got to watch all episodes in one go - the proper way. Thanks for stealing all my time with your free Prime trail, Amazon! So I finished four seasons in a matter of weeks weeks and now am dealing with serious withdrawal symptoms from being so emotionally involved... Any tips? Seems to me the only solution is to start season 5.


Researching a more eco-friendly lifestyle:
Maybe it's because I just turned 25, maybe not but for some reason I can't just live with how much unnecessary trash I produce or useless things I buy. So I'm trying to trim down on starting with the bathroom. It's not like I have much of a beauty routine, but still... using only cruelty free products that have less packaging and are better for the environment feels right. I'm taking baby steps though. Lush seems to have a few good options like solid shampoo and deodorant (which I'm trying out right now - scary!). Let me know if you know of any other options!

Making breakfast burritos:
That first meal of the day is an important one to me and to be honest... I'm not usually very patient about it. But last week was an exception for some reason. After losing an hour on Sunday and going swimming I arrived home to find a husband with a brilliant idea: let's make our own breakfast burritos. Since - surprisingly - I wasn't starving (yet) we drove to the store and bought all the ingredients. It was almost 2 pm when we finally sat down at the table and enjoyed that home made brunch/early dinner, but it was so worth it! Oh and did you know that mimosas with freshly squeezed orange juice from blood oranges are even better? Yup.


Feeling the urge to go body boarding
It's getting warmer and sunnier outside, but we haven't gone body boarding in what feels like forever. The waves haven't been that great but I didn't think I would miss it this much. I've become a very spoiled citizen of San Diego. So this weekend I will just have to go for a swim in the ocean if we can't catch some waves.

Eating too much Speculoos/Biscoff
Costco has the big packs now!! I might have stocked up on them... but I'll blame it all on Nick if I have to. Having them withing range is a true challenge though - consider yourself warned! Here's a list of other stores in the US that have some delicious Lotus products.

Expat interview
A few weeks ago I was contacted by the lovely people from InterNations for an interview. Anyone who's interested can read it here. I've actually still to go to my first InterNations meetup even though I've been a member since moving to the US. I never have much luck when it comes to those activities since it's always on days I have to work in the evening... 

Are you a member of InterNations? Addicted to speculoos? 

Happy Friday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...